Sunday, January 18, 2009

the list. oh GOD, the list.

sunday, end of the weekend. or in reality, the start of the week. why do some people consider sunday the end of the weekend and some, the start of the week? i suppose it's just the effect of sunday on different types of people. for example. say there's Group A of people and Group B of people. the A people spend their sundays recovering from the weekend and preparing for monday. no nonsense. the B people go out, have fun with friends and family, just as they would on well, saturday. no difference.


perspectives. 


got me thinking. (yes, i DO have the brain capacity) 


how does one mark the end of a chapter in ones' life, and the beginning of another? now, THAT'S the million dollar question. i have come to a conclusion now that a chapter of my life has come to a certain close. but how (okay this post is gonna be filled with questions so bear with me LAH) do i sort of...kickstart on this new chapter? what decisions do i have to make? what about myself do i have to alter? it's like starting a new week. i'm a Group B person so the start of the week to me is SO monday. so, it's as if i'm at the foot of a new week. leaving last week behind and dreaming, only dreaming, of next week. the questions above would be so easily answered if it's put into this point of view. 

how do i kickstart the new week?
by waking up early, not rushing/getting stressed about going late for class. by being prepared and being happy and not mopey and emo. 

what decisions do i have to make throughout the week?
to do with time management, whether or not to stay in or go out, how i spend my money, etc.

what about myself do i have to alter to have a successful week?
my laziness. 'nuff said. 

well, and shooting my mouth off. 

yeah. see? so simple. so clear. but we're talking a whole new chapter in life. obviously it isnt that simple. and that's what sucks. cos we dont know the possible characteristics, the outline or structure of this chapter as we do the week. we dont know..the ending either. 

which is sad. and scary. and which makes you look up the word un-fucking-predictable on dictionary.com.

this chapter is going to be something like a chapter of my life never was before. now that i know for a fact. and here are a few things i'm planning for my new chapter so that i wont be so completely lost in it. 

1. i'm going to work hard in college. like i never did in school. i need to get into a good uni. 
2. i'm going to successfully curb my laziness. which isnt going to be easy since it has it's own fucking personality and zip code. 
3. i'm going to make a lot of new friends (that's already in the process) and meet a lot of new people. to improve my people skills. 
4. i'm going to get more fit. (steph, GYM!)
5. on a lighter note, i'm going to get a tattoo.
6. i'm going to learn (from megan, my financial advisor) to skimp. big time. 
7. i'm going to get the cybershot T-700 in hot pink ( hopefully with part of my own money. or all. if that's technically possible)
8. i'm going to turn 18 with a bang so 'happening' you could hear it in the artic region. and in certain parts of mars. 
9. i'm going to start my christmas shopping EARLY so i wouldnt be rushing like a headless chicken. as mum often quotes. 
10. i'm going to try to reason with...complications. i'm going to try, okay? i'm not saying i can. but a part of me wants this too and hopefully, that part will dominate. 

 so yes. by the end of this chapter, i will surely/hopefully have checked off all/most of the things on that list. hence now commences the start of the newest chapter of my life.


welcome. 


I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But that's nothing new ~


this is my favourite verse, btw ;)

No comments: